Monday, November 07, 2005

Stunning

The missus and I sat down to view the documentary film, "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," this evening, after a successful trial run at the Farmers Market in New Albany.

If you are an adherent, an acolyte, a missionary for the Wal-Mart Way, avoid this film at all costs.

It will change your buying patterns, if not your life. Never have I seen a film that affected me so deeply. Alternating between tears and curses, I was, simply, broken by what I learned from the film.

Mrs. VH professes that she knew all of this. I did not.

For example: Did you know that while a single big "W" typically generates $100 million in sales each year, the net result is the destruction of $140 million in local business activity?

Plan now to join Constituency for Progress and Destinations Booksellers in downtown New Albany just 9 days from now. Bring a chair, a muffler, perhaps gloves, and a warm coat.

Your life will never be the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home