Monday, November 28, 2005

Credibility Gap

Anonymous rumor-mongering is one thing, but the operator of the pink blog has taken her credibility quotient down yet another notch. I would have thought that impossible, but indeed she not only floated another conspiracy theory, backed by her "fact" that the contract for sanitation services in New Albany has already been awarded in advance of the Board of Public Works and Safety meeting set for tomorrow.

She attempted to back her claim by asserting that the award announcement was published in the "legals" classified section of The Tribune on Friday. When challenged on her assertion, she restated it, defending herself against the charge she was disseminating false information. Here, verbatim, is here insistent defense that she is NOT wrong.

...Despite accusations of 'flawed information', the contract for privatizing sanitation services has been awarded to Rumpke. This was posted in the Legals of the Friday Tribune...(signed) east ender.

What possible motive would she have for making and re-making such an outlandish claim, then further attempting to fool her readers by referring to a nonexistent newspaper notice?

Speculate at will.

For affirmation of the untruth of her allegation, which would have raised numerous objections from this quarter had it turned out to be true, note that the Friday Tribune legals were published on page B5. I have a crisp $100 bill for anyone who can show me the "legal" to which east ender is referring. Trust me folks, it ain't there.

But then, if your aim in life is to cast aspersions, I suppose it was worth the risk to her to bluff it out. When paranoia rules your life, and you stop taking your meds, truth loses out.

By the way, the BPW&S will be opening bids to supply gasoline at Tuesday's meeting, and that is noted in the legals for Friday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iamhoosier said...

Is the traffic backed up on Spring? Did not know if I should avoid the area on my commute home this evening! I'm just sure there is a run to collect the $100.

Monday, November 28, 2005 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

Hot off the presses, here's the Speak Out Lout, NA ombudsman "correcting" the Rumpke statement

East Ender said...

Dear Readers,

I must make a correction regarding information that I posted here about Rumpke and the Sanitation privatization contract.

This info was actually disseminated verbally by Council members.

The legal ad in the Tribune was a request for gasoline credit for the City.

Since I knew that Thornton's had just denied the City credit cards to refuel the sanitation trucks, this news was confusing.

Both issues were relayed to me in the same conversation, and in my astonishment about both situations, I mixed up the sources. My mistake.

However, the real news here is the fact that drivers of 2 sanitation trucks were told, in Thorntons, that the fuel credit card was denied.

According to CM Kochert, the Police use the same fuel cards as Sanitation. Where does this leave us? What are they doing for gas?

7:01 PM, November 28, 2005


Apparently CM Kochert was on the phone with Ben Z. H. at the same time as he was speaking to Trog Sham, and thus the confusion.

It reminds me of the Fonz trying to admit he was wro...wro...wrrron...erhrhrhrh.

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

Wish I could be there, Steve, but I'm scheduled to move furniture.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

But she couldn't help qualifying it, could she (I was so breathlessly amazed at another vile mayoral &*^%-up that I garbled a sentence -- oops).

Journalism it ain't, but then again, it isn't supposed to be anything more than trog-incitement drivel -- and at that, I'll give her credit for succeeding.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home