Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Rehab Dances

Phase I in the rehabilitation of a local writer's reputation seems to have begun with today's edition of The Tribune.

We were pleased to see an informative piece from Dances With..., an aspiring journalist/ecologist with whom most of you are familiar. One can't know if the piece was intended to be objective or if it had hidden barbs. But it would take a divining rod to ferret out any agenda on the part of the writer (if I've mixed enough metaphors, let me know).

Tim's story on IUS's ongoing West Nile Virus monitoring project is certainly newsworthy, but it may have greater significance. With this story, The Tribune takes editorial notice for the first time, I believe, of the phenomenon of local Web logging. NA Confidential and its creator were mentioned in a news story.

I'm marking the day on my calendar...just not yet in red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home